Saturday, January 25, 2020

Agent of Change Journey

I have heard a lot of leaders complain about Journeys, but my girls absolutely love them.  I read the VTK to find out the basics of the Journey and then add, remove, or change activities based on what I think the girls will enjoy.

For Agent of Change, the main theme is superheros!  At each meeting we will try a "superfood" that they may not have tried, or have not been willing to try, outside of the meeting location.  This was a huge hit during the World of Girls Journey where we tried different fruit from around the world.  I am also combining the Junior Agent of Change with the Brownie Quest, so each meeting we will search for the missing key around the room using the ELF activity (Explore, Link Arms, Fly Into Action) using our super powers.

To get the girls really into the theme, they need superhero costumes! We have 11 in our troop so I searched for an inexpensive pack of capes.  The cheapest pack had a variety of colors, but I was worried about how to choose the colors for each girl.  I was able to find a 16 pack of purple capes on Amazon for $28.00.




I used the Girl Scout trefoil image as our superhero crest and each girls name in the center using heat transfer vinyl I already had on hand.  The girls will be able to add some customization to their masks using rhinestone stickers from a previous project.

During each meeting the girls will wear their capes and masks as they discover their own super powers!  I am quite excited about the energy level of the next several meetings!

No comments:

Post a Comment