Sunday, May 19, 2019

Leave No Trace with hand gestures

Our Brownies will be heading out for several hiking and camping activities this summer.  The Eco Friend badge in volunteer toolkit suggests covering the Leave No Trace principles for several drawing activities.  It reminded me of a video where the park rangers use hand signals to teach the 7 principles.  For step 1 you use 1 finger to gesture the principle, for step 2 you use 2 fingers, and so on for all 7 principles.  I think my campers would be more engaged with the principles if they also learned the hand signals, but I had a hard time remembering them and I would rather not be on my phone while trying to keep my campers off of their phones.  So into our camping pack will be a laminated copy of the Leave No Trace principles with hand gestures!

Get the full file here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xm08wbql_wItyCfwfjFD4x8alvy9xf9L


No comments:

Post a Comment